Monday, May 2, 2011 at 8:29AM
Contact: Beth Spong, Executive Director
Mother’s Day Music Video a Unique Gift To ALL Mothers
MotherWoman celebrates day with powerful music video, online sharing of your mom photo & stories
May 2, 2011. Amherst, MA – Looking for a truly unique way to honor the mothers in your life this Mother’s Day? Send a beautiful music video in celebration of mothers.
This celebration and fundraising opportunity is sponsored by MotherWoman, a nonprofit that supports and empowers mothers to create positive personal and social change for their families and communities.
MotherWoman partnered with internationally acclaimed singer/songwriter dynamos, The Nields to give you this original and powerfully moving music video which is guaranteed to brighten the day of mothers you love.
Your House Is Strong is an original song written by Nerissa and Katryna Nields (pictured left) especially for this video project. Nerissa Nields said “We were thrilled to be asked by MotherWoman to write a love song to mothers. What an amazing opportunity to sing the praises of mothers and raise awareness about MotherWoman’s important work.”
Beth Spong, MotherWoman’s Executive Director, says “This whole project has been a love fest. Working with The Nields and photographer Sarah Prall and artist Donna Estabrooks produced the beautiful tribute we hoped for. It was wonderful to engage our community by asking them what they treasure about the mothers in their lives and then photographing them to share that with the world. “
See the Your House is Strong video on motherwoman.org. For a donation of any size, you can download the mp3 of Your House is Strong.
MotherWoman’s mission is to empower mothers to create positive personal and social change for themselves, their families, their communities and the world. MotherWoman also addresses the socio-economic issues facing American mothers, and advocates for family-friendly policy.
MotherWoman’s philosophy is simple: When mothers are valued and supported, they are more successful in all areas of their lives, benefiting children, families and communities. Everyone wins.
Says Beth Spong, MotherWoman Executive Director, “Through our professional trainings, support group facilitator trainings and political action, we’re working to ensure that every mother has access to the support she needs in her community. This is a unique and comprehensive model for strengthening the larger community by focusing on mothers. ”
MotherWoman offers numerous programs, including:
- Mothers Groups - Led by trained facilitators, these support groups offer a chance to talk openly about the challenges of parenting, gain support and build community.
- Postpartum Support Initiative – Addresses the crisis of postpartum emotional complications through a network of specialized support groups, professional training and Pregnancy and Postpartum Support Coalitions.
- Facilitator Training – A 35-hour training program that provides diverse community leaders and professionals with the skills needed to offer new MotherWoman Support Groups.
- Professional Training – Teaches medical and social service providers about the complex mental health and socio-political factors involved in the crisis of postpartum depression.
- Political Advocacy – Nonpartisan political action dedicated to empowering parents to take action on social and economic issues, legislation, and policies that impact families.
MotherWoman | Comments Off |