May 28, 2009
Please join us for a dynamic regional training on the postpartum emotional experience. This is an essential training for those working with pregnant and postpartum families. All are welcome.
Supporting Families During Pregnancy and the Postpartum Period:
Postpartum Depression and Beyond
A Comprehensive Understanding of the Prenatal and Postpartum Emotional Experience: Assessment, Spectrum and Treatment
Friday, June 12th 9:30am - 12:30pm (9 - 9:30 registration & coffee)
The Center for Midwifery Care at Cooley Dickinson Hospital
30 Locust St Northampton, MA
- Gain a comprehensive perspective on postpartum emotional experiences, such as postpartum depression, anxiety and stress.
- Understand the risk factors associated with postpartum emotional difficulty
- Understand the spectrum of emotional reactions (symptoms) in the postpartum period from normal adjustment to psychosis.
- Understand the social and cultural factors involved in the adjustment to parenthood.
- Learn strategies and get resources for helping mothers, fathers and kinship caregivers during the postpartum period
Cost: $65.00 CEU's have been applied for MSW, LMMC, MMFT & Psychologists
Pre-registration and payment required.
Register by email by Tues June 9: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please include license # for ceu's)
Send payment to: MotherWoman PO Box 2635 Amherst, MA 01004
This training is being offered in collaboration with ServiceNet
This is an approved training of the Pregnancy & Postpartum Support Coalition
of Western Massachussetts