MotherWoman Training Institute
2016 Group Facilitator Training
- Skip to:
- Upcoming Trainings
About MotherWoman Facilitator Training
- 3-Day training
- 21 hour training
- CEU’s Available
- MotherWoman Facilitator Training Manual
- Innovative approaches to leading successful groups in your community
- Enhances a mother’s capacity to advocate for herself and her family
- Applicable for seasoned support group facilitators, medical and mental health professionals, doulas, midwives, childbirth educators and peer support leaders, as well as mothers and community leaders without prior group facilitation experience
- Utilizes both didactic and experiential learning models which support the development of leadership, competence and confidence
- Opportunities for practicum in small and large groups throughout training to ensure mastery of skills
- Participants are invited to share their personal experience in practicum groups
- Replicable in a variety of settings and with diverse populations
Successful MotherWoman groups currently serve pregnant and postpartum mothers, parents who have experienced pregnancy and infant loss, mothers of color, spanish-speaking mothers, teen mothers, refugee mothers, mothers recovering from substance abuse, and mothers in rural Guatemala.
Upcoming Facilitator Trainings
- MotherWoman Group Facilitator Training:
- Leading Culturally Humble Mothers' Groups
- for Healing, Resiliency & Empowerment
- April 28th-30th, 2017
- MotherWoman Office, Hadley, MA
MotherWoman aspires to serve you and moms everywhere, ensuring that ALL mothers receive the care and support they deserve. We are dedicated to making the MotherWoman Group model culturally humble and sensitive to however a mom identifies her true self.
We are carefully examining and modifying the MotherWoman training to reflect this important mission and are thrilled to announce the first training mindfully incorporating this lens. We look forward to having a time at the end of this training for participants to share feedback to further inform our training enhancements.
We are offering this MotherWoman training for the special price -- because we are excited to share this pilot and to thank you for being with us on the journey.
PLUS: BECOME MOTHERWOMAN CERTIFIED!
Attend this training and be the first cohort to participate in the MotherWoman Facilitator Certification Program. MotherWoman Facilitator Certification program includes:
- -Specialized webinars
- -Peer mentorship
- -Phone Consultations
- -Certificate & more
Already trained? Please join us again! If you are currently a MotherWoman-trained facilitator and would like a refresher, you may attend the Saturday portion of the training for only $100. First-come, first-served; spaces are limited.
Future training opportunities will be available. Please contact Shelly Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details!
You Will Learn To:
- Create safety for women to share their authentic experiences of motherhood
- Master group dynamics
- Explore cultural messages and myths about motherhood
- Lead a culturally competent support group that welcomes diverse mothers
- Encourage each woman’s inherent strength and resilience
- Motivate personal change by enhancing individual women’s self-empowerment
- Motivate social change by linking socio-political factors to maternal experience
- Proficiency in using a replicable support group model
- Enhanced group leadership skills
- Effective advocacy for mothers issues along the lifespan
- Professional development and CEUs
We can customize a program to meet your organization or community’s needs. Contact MotherWoman for more information.