MotherWoman Training Institute
2013 Group Facilitator Training
Oct 24-26, 2013
Enlace de Familias, 299 Main St, Holyoke MA
Nov 7-9, 2013
Partnership for Maternal & Child Health of Northern New Jersey, NJ
Registration Closed - This training is being privately offered; no registration available.
Mar 27-30, 2014
Bastyr University, San Diego, CA
- 21 hour training now enhanced with 130 page MotherWoman Facilitator Training Manual, complete with exercises and appendices.
- Teaches you innovative approaches to leading successful groups in your community which can serve as a mother’s lifeline to emotional health, community connection and personal success across her lifespan.
- Enhances a mother’s capacity to advocate for herself and her family and provides a perspective on the context within which mothering takes place and its impact on individual mood and functioning.
- Applicable for seasoned support group facilitators, medical and mental health professionals, doulas, midwives, childbirth educators and peer support leaders, as well as mothers and community leaders without prior group facilitation experience.
- Utilizes both didactic and experiential learning models which support the development of leadership, competence and confidence.
- Opportunities for practicum in small and large groups throughout training to ensure mastery of skills necessary to be successful in implementing thriving support groups.
- Participants are invited to share their personal experience in practicum groups; will leave with a deeper understanding of the power of support groups.
- Replicable in a variety of settings and with diverse populations: this model is easily adapted to include program-specific curriculums.
Successful MotherWoman groups currently serve pregnant and postpartum mothers, parents who have experienced pregnancy and infant loss, mothers of color, Spanish-speaking Latina mothers, teen mothers, refugee mothers, mothers recovering from substance abuse, and mothers in rural Guatemala.
In This Training, You Will Learn To:
- Create safety for women to share their authentic experiences of motherhood
- Master group dynamics
- Explore cultural messages and myths about motherhood
- Lead a culturally competent support group that welcomes diverse mothers
- Encourage each woman’s inherent strength and resilience
- Motivate personal change by enhancing individual women’s self-empowerment
- Motivate social change by linking socio-political factors to maternal experience
Benefits to You Include:
- Proficiency in using a replicable support group model
- Enhanced group leadership skills
- Effective advocacy for mothers issues along the lifespan
- Professional development and CEUs
- Individual: $895
- Group Rate: MotherWoman offers group rates when you host this training in your region.
- MotherWoman is committed to offering limited scholarships, based on need, for those working with underserved populations. Please include your eligibility for scholarship when registering.
We can customize a program to meet your organization or community’s needs.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.